SuperCamps run Multi-Activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 4 – 12 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust. As the leading provider in this field our fun-packed camps are located in over 60+ venues nationwide where our reputation for high quality childcare depends on the utmost professionalism and hard work of our on-camp staff.
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Camp Manager, you will be assigned to lead a group of children through a range of different sports and arts & crafts activities. You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun and stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through ad hoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Have experience and interest in sports and arts & crafts activities
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified or studying towards a relevant teaching, childcare or sports coaching qualification
- Have knowledge on safeguarding and child protection
- Have Local Safeguarding Authority training
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar
We will provide training for a 12 hr paediatric first aid qualification, and will assist in you getting an enhanced DBS.
No two days will be the same, and you will be required to be flexible and adaptable.
Schools available: Brighton Girls, Bromley High, Cumnnor House, Duncombe School, Dunraven School, Glenesk School, Griffin House, Kingshott School, Northwood College for Girls, Notting Hill and Ealing High School, Oxford High School, Princes Gardens (formerly St Nicholas Prep),Putney High School, Rookwood School, St Dunstan's College, St James Boys, St Swithun's School, St Thomas More Language College, Talbot Heath School, The Abbey School, The Beacon School, The Godolphin School, The Green School, The Royal Masonic School for Girls, Thorpe House School, Trinity School.