Reporting to the Camp Manager, your role will be responsible for children age 5 and under. You will ensure the safe delivery of our wide range of activities.
The role of the Early Years Practitioner is to deliver the EYFS on camp. Working alongside and reporting to the Camp Manager you will be the primary contact for the younger children and their parents during their time at Super Camps.
You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Take responsibility for all duties associated with the delivery of the EYFS on camp
- Set up and maintain a suitable Base Room/Area that is suitable and inviting for the children and parents
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun and stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
- Working with your Camp Manager ensure that your Super Camps venue is fully OFSTED compliant
It is essential that candidates:
- Hold a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification or are willing to undertake this training
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are knowledgeable and experienced working with the EYFS
- Have experience with working with 4 and 5 year old children
- Are enthusiastic, caring and organised with excellent communication skills and good sense of initiative
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Holds a degree in Childcare or other relevant subject or a minimum Level 3 in Early Years. UK primary teaching qualifications would also be valid if candidate possesses relevant experience within the Early Years age range
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have knowledge on safeguarding and child protection
- Have previous managerial experience
- Have previous experience working towards OFSTED requirements
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training, references, health declaration and DBS Status.
Super Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues to do with child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references.
At Super Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.
Salary: £80.00 to £90.00 /day
Schools Available: Glenesk School, Kingshott School, Northwood College for Girls, The Abbey School, The Godolphin School, Thorpe House School, Trinity School